Welcome to Northeastern Illinois University student health insurance plan website.
Aetna Student HealthSM gives you access to care by working closely with your school and with a network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and specialists throughout the country.
- All registered full time undergraduate students taking 12 or more credit hours are automatically enrolled in this insurance plan at registration unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished per NEIU requirements.
- All international students with J1 Visas are required to enroll.
- All registered part- time undergraduate students (taking a minimum of 6 credit hours, but less than 12 credit hours), including those registered in the University Without Walls program, are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
- All graduate students enrolled for a minimum of 3 credit hours are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
- Spouses, Domestic Partners and Children of Students are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
If you lose coverage in your insurance plan during the year, or want to enroll in the NEIU Student Health Insurance in the Spring, please visit the Bursar’s Office.
Please click below to waive coverage in the medical plan.
Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan
If you are enrolled in the medical plan, you can enroll your dependents. You may also enroll in the Supplemental Plans, even if you are not enrolled in the medical plan.
Enroll: Life Insurance Plan
Enroll: On Call International
Enroll: Vital SavingsSM on Dental
For existing members, to obtain the terms of your Plan Guide and a copy of your Plan Design and Benefits Summary and Plan Guide, please contact us at the number located on the back of your member ID card or click on one of the links below.
If you are not an existing member, for additional information on the terms of the Plan Guide and a copy of the Plan Design and Benefits Summary plan, please contact 877-378-9477.
2016 - 2017 Plan documents and benefits
The plans described in the below summary documents are pending approval by the state insurance department. If changes are made as a result of the approval process, revisions will be posted.
2016 - 2017 Northeastern
Illinois University Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage
2016 - 2017 Plan Design and Benefits Summary - Plan-specific information on services the plan covers, deductibles,
premium rates, enrollment and waiver deadline dates, plan limitations and more.
Aetna Student HealthSM is the brand name for products and services provided by Aetna Life Insurance Company and its applicable affiliated companies (Aetna). Fully insured student health insurance plans are underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance
Company. Self-insured plans are funded by the applicable school, with claims administration services provided by Aetna Life Insurance Company.