Welcome to Northeastern Illinois University student health insurance plan website.
Aetna Student Health gives you access to care by working closely with your school and with a network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and specialists throughout the country.
- All registered full time undergraduate students taking 12 or more credit hours are automatically enrolled in this insurance plan at registration unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished per NEIU requirements.
- All international students with J1 Visas are required to enroll.
- All registered part- time undergraduate students (taking a minimum of 6 credit hours, but less than 12 credit hours), including those registered in the University Without Walls program, are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
- All graduate students enrolled for a minimum of 3 credit hours are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
- Spouses, Domestic Partners and Children of Students are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
If you lose coverage in your insurance plan during the year, or want to enroll in the NEIU Student Health Insurance in the Spring, please visit the Bursar’s Office.
Please click below to waive coverage in the medical plan.
Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan
If you are enrolled in the medical plan, you can enroll your dependents. You may also enroll in the Supplemental Plans, even if you are not enrolled in the medical plan.
Enroll: Life Insurance Plan
Enroll: On Call International
Enroll: Vital Savings on DentalSM
For existing members, to obtain the terms of your policy or a copy of your plan document, please contact us at the number located on the back of your member ID card.
If you are not an existing member, for additional information on the terms of the policy or a copy of the plan document, please contact customer service at 877-378-9477.
2015 - 2016 Plan documents and benefits
Effective August 1, 2015, Aetna Student Health is changing its reimbursement payment rates for services provided by out-of-network non-preferred providers. In most cases, this will result in a reduction in the portion of the cost of care paid for by Aetna
Student Health. Please consult your Master Policy and/or Plan Design & Benefits Summary for details on the Aetna Student Health reimbursement payment rates applicable to services provided by out-of-network non-preferred providers.
2015 - 2016 Plan Design and Benefits Summary - Plan-specific information on services the plan covers, deductibles,
premium rates, enrollment and waiver deadline dates, plan limitations and more.