Welcome to Northeastern Illinois University student health insurance plan website.
Aetna Student Health gives you access to care by working closely with your school and with a network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and specialists throughout the country.
- All registered full time undergraduate students taking 12 or more credit hours are automatically enrolled in this insurance plan at registration unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished per NEIU requirements.
- All international students with J1 Visas are required to enroll.
- All registered part- time undergraduate students (taking a minimum of 6 credit hours, but less than 12 credit hours), including those registered in the University Without Walls program, are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
- All graduate students enrolled for a minimum of 3 credit hours are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
- Spouses, Domestic Partners and Children of Students are eligible to enroll in the plan on a voluntary basis.
If you lose coverage in your insurance plan during the year, or want to enroll in the NEIU Student Health Insurance in the Spring, please visit the Bursar’s Office.
Please click below to waive coverage in the medical plan.
Waive: Student Health Insurance Plan
If you are enrolled in the medical plan, you can enroll your dependents. You may also enroll in the Supplemental Plans, even if you are not enrolled in the medical plan.
Enroll: Life Insurance Plan
Enroll: On Call International
Enroll: Vital Savings on DentalSM
Plan documents and benefits
2014 - 2015 Pediatric Dental Care Schedule
2014 - 2015 Information Bulletin: Pre-certification
and Medical Necessity Reviews
2014 - 2015 Northeastern
Illinois University Basic Summary of Benefits and Coverage
2014 - 2015 Plan Design and Benefits Summary - Plan-specific information on services the plan covers, deductibles,
premium rates, enrollment and waiver deadline dates, plan limitations and more.
2014 - 2015 Plan Guide - Helpful information on dependent coverage and eligibility (if applicable), discounts and services available
to you as a member of the Plan, and other helpful information of how your plan works.
2014 - 2015 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Policy Information
2014 - 2015 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Claim Form