Welcome to Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai student health insurance plan website.
Aetna Student HealthSM gives you access to care by working closely with your school and with a network of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and specialists throughout the country.
Please read the important
Medical insurance is required for all Mount Sinai students. Enrollments, terminations, or changes must be made through the Office of Student Services in Annenberg 12-70. If an incoming student has outside coverage, proof of that coverage must be submitted
to Lee Dasu in the Office of Student Services.
Incoming students that want to initiate enrollment for medical insurance coverage through Mount Sinai, must also contact Lee Dasu in the Office of Student Services.
16/17 Plan Design Changes
- Annual Premium change from $7,091 to $6,076 for students. A complete list of rates can be found within the 2016 - 2017 Plan Design and Benefits Summary document located on this page
- Reduce Coinsurance for Non-Preferred Care from 80% to 70%
- Change Office Visit 90% subject to plan Deductible
to 100% after $25 Copay subject to the plan deductible. OV change also applies to the following benefits:
- Chiropractic Care
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy vOutpatient Mental Health
- Outpatient Substance Abuse
- Change Emergency Services Copay from $50 to $100 per visit
- Change Rx Retail copays from $10/$20/$30 to $10/$30/$50 (2.5x for mail order)
You can enroll in the medical plan using the link below. You will need your school issued student ID number.
Enroll: Continuation Plan
For existing members, to obtain the terms of your Plan Guide and a copy of your Plan Design and Benefits Summary and Plan Guide, please contact us at the number located on the back of your member ID card or click on one of the links below.
If you are not an existing member, for additional information on the terms of the Plan Guide and a copy of the Plan Design and Benefits Summary plan, please contact 855-821-9713.
2016 - 2017 Plan documents and benefits
The plans described in the below summary documents are pending approval by the state insurance department. If changes are made as a result of the approval process, revisions will be posted.
- 2017 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Basic Summary of Benefits and Coverage
2016 - 2017 Plan Design and Benefits Summary - Plan-specific information on services the plan covers, deductibles,
premium rates, enrollment and waiver deadline dates, plan limitations and more.
2016 - 2017 Plan Guide
Aetna Student HealthSM is the brand name for products and services provided by Aetna Life Insurance Company and its applicable affiliated companies (Aetna). Fully insured student health insurance plans are underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance
Company. Self-insured plans are funded by the applicable school, with claims administration services provided by Aetna Life Insurance Company.