Keeping you Healthy Resources
As a member of the Student Health Plan, you can also take advantage of the following services, discounts, and programs. These are not provided by Aetna and are NOT insurance. You'll be responsible for the full cost of the discounted services. Just be aware
that these services, discounts and programs can change without notice.
Fitness discounts: You can
get the guaranteed lowest rates on gym memberships and discounts on at-home weight loss programs, home exercise products and equipment and one-on-one health coaching services* through GlobalFit®.
*Provided by WellCall, Inc., through GlobalFit.
Natural products and services discounts: You can get discounts on specialty health care products and services, including online consultations. All products and services are provided through the ChooseHealthy® program** and
Vital Health Network (VHN).
**The ChooseHealthy program is made available through American Specialty Health Systems, Inc. (ASH Systems), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). ChooseHealthy is a federally registered trademark of ASH and used with permission
Vision discounts: You'll save on eye exams, lenses and frames, contact lenses, LASIK surgery and more when you go to a Provider
participating in the EyeMed Vision Care network.
Please reference Plan # 46543 when visiting an EyeMed Vision Care network
A listing of Aetna Vision Discounts
Weight management discounts: You can get discounts on the CalorieKing® Program and products, eDiets® diet plans, Jenny Craig® weight loss programs and Nutrisystem® weight loss meal plans.
Healthy Lifestyle Coaching Tobacco Free
You can do it! You can quit tobacco for good. Get started with a coach today — for free.
Your wellness coach is there for you every step of the way and will help you:
- Work on successful quitting strategies
- Recognize and manage your triggers for tobacco use
- Find healthy alternatives to replace the feeling you get from smoking
- Quit tobacco and feel more energized and healthy
What makes the program work?
Simply put: You're not in it alone. We're here to support you.
That's the beauty of Healthy Lifestyle Coaching Tobacco Free.
The program offers a unique combination of coaching and tools that can empower you to quit.
It's in the coaching
A wellness coach is there to guide and support you:
- Arming you with the information and techniques that will help you succeed
- Inspiring and empowering you along your path to wellness.
Our coaches have at least 3 years of coaching experience. And all are certified tobacco cessation specialists.
Individual or group coaching options
You decide if you'd like to work with a coach one-to-one, or in a group setting. Or you can choose to do both.
Each has its advantages:
- Individual coaching — personalized attention, focused squarely on your needs, your obstacles, your strengths
- Group coaching — peer support and inspiration, as you surround yourself with people who are committed to quitting
Extra rewards to get you started
Free 8-week supply of nicotine replacement therapy is yours for completing 3 sessions with a coach. Or you can choose a $25 Corporate Rewards gift card instead.
At your 6-month coaching session, you will earn a $25 gift card.
Work with your coach how and where it works best for you.
- Call your coach — even if you aren't scheduled for a session
- Chat with your coach by phone or e-mail
You also get:
- Easy access to 24/7 online peer support (moderated by a wellness coach)
- Complete privacy — personal information about you or your coaching sessions stays between you and your coach
- Extra support to address personal concerns, like maintaining weight and managing your stress
- Online wellness programs to enhance your coaching sessions
- Materials that reinforce the healthy habits you're learning and developing
Discount programs provide access to discounted prices and are NOT insured benefits.
The member is responsible for the full cost of the discounted services.
Discount programs may be offered by vendors who are independent contractors and not employees or agents of Aetna or their affiliates. Aetna may receive a percentage of the fee you pay to the discount vendor.
Beginning Right Maternity Management
Aetna's Beginning Right® maternity program gives you the special attention you need.
Join our maternity program today and you can:
- Learn what's best for a healthy pregnancy
- Reduce your risk for preterm labor
- Learn how to cope with postpartum depression
- Stop smoking … and more
Pregnant? Call 1-800-CRADLE-1 (1-800-272-3531) today to enroll.
You can also go to Aetna Women's Health online at
http://womenshealth.aetna.com for information on pregnancy, baby care and more.